How to Setup a Wireless Canon Pixma MG2922 in Windows & Mac
The Canon Pixma MG2922 is a wireless printer that can connect to a Wi-Fi network without cumbersome cords and cables. Once the printer is connected to an access point, you can print or scan virtually anywhere at home or in the office from the convenience of your computer, smartphone, or any compatible device.
Below are the step-by-step guides you can follow to successfully set up your Canon Pixma MG2922 for Windows and Mac.
Connect Printer to Computer Wirelessly (Windows)
- Turn on your printer.
- Long-press the printer’s Wireless or Wi-Fi button.
- Once the amber alarm lights start flashing, press your router’s WPS button.
- Wait for the wireless light to remain steady. It confirms the printer’s successful connection to the Wi-Fi network.
- Load the Canon Pixma MG2922 printer driver CD into your PC. It’s included in the package when you purchase the printer.
- If you don’t have the CD, you can download the printer driver directly from Canon’s website.
- Run the Canon Pixma MG2922 printer driver on your PC.
- Set the Connection method to Access Point connection and then click Next.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions until the installation process is complete.
- Start aligning the printhead and click on Execute to receive an alignment page.
- From the Setup Complete page, click on Next.
Once the setup is complete, try doing a test print. You’ll know that the setup is successful if the test printout is correct. You can also configure the Windows 10 set default printer settings if there are other printers installed in your PC and want your Canon Pixma MG2922 to be automatically recognized as the primary device.
Connect Printer to Computer Wirelessly (Mac)
- Repeat steps 1 to 6 above
- Double-click on the Canon Pixma MG2922 printer driver file to launch the software on your computer
- Click on Setup and then Open.
- Enter your login password and click on Install Helper
- From the Select the Printer Connection method page, choose Wireless LAN Connection as your option
- Find and select your printer on the Network List
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Conduct a test print to check if the setup is successful
You can also set up your wireless Canon printer from an iOS or Android device and enjoy the modern convenience of integrated mobile printing. The MG2922 Printer comes preinstalled with both AirPrint and Google Cloud Print as well.
Canon Pixma MG2922 Ink Cartridges
The Canon Pixma MG2922 uses Black PG-245 and Tri-Color CL-246 ink cartridges to create professional documents and stunning, true-to-life photos. Both cartridges are available in high yield XL options that deliver more pages per round and value-packs that offer the best bang for your buck.
We hope this simple guide helped you in setting up your wireless Canon Pixma MG29922 in your Windows or Mac device. If you want to know how to print wirelessly from your AirPrint-supported Apple device, you can read our blog on that.