How to Change your HP OfficeJet 4650 Ink Cartridges
- Please turn on your HP OfficeJet 4650 and load it with a stack of standard-sized, white paper.
- Carefully lift the Ink Cartridge Access Door to open using the handles on both sides of the device. Allow the Carriage to position itself at the center for the proper cartridge replacement access.
- Release the Empty Ink Cartridge by raising the Lid and then gently pushing the Lid back until it’s fully open. With the Lid now open, pull out the Empty Ink Cartridge from its slot.
- Please take out the New Ink Cartridge for replacement from its packaging and plastic taping.
- Insert the New Ink Cartridge directly into the empty slot with its Nozzles facing the Carriage. Push the Lid down to lock the New Ink Cartridge into place.
- Repeat the same steps when changing the other Color Cartridge.
- Lower the Ink Cartridge Access Door back to close. The printer will start printing an alignment page.
- Open the Scanner Lid and put the alignment page on the scanner glass with its print side facing down.
- Close the Scanner Lid, then tap OK, and the HP OfficeJet 4650 will start aligning the ink cartridges for printing.
Recommended Cartridges for HP OfficeJet 4650 Ink:
Frequently Asked Questions for HP OfficeJet 4650 Refill
a. What ink does HP OfficeJet 4650 use?
The HP OfficeJet 4650 uses black and tri-color HP 63 ink cartridges available in high-yield and standard yield cartridge sizes. The standard black HP 63 can print up to 190 pages while the standard tri-color cartridge can print 165. The high yield Black HP 63XL ink cartridge, meanwhile, can print up to 480 while the tri-color prints 330. Both high yield HP ink cartridges also provide a lower cost of printing per page than the standard yields.
b. How do I check the ink on my HP OfficeJet 4650?
For numerous HP printers, including the HP Officejet 4650, you can view ink levels directly from the control panel. Search for an Ink drop icon or Cartridge icon or Ink Levels menu to see estimated ink levels.
c. Is HP OfficeJet 4650 an inkjet printer?
Yes, the HP OfficeJet 4650 is an inkjet printer, and it’s known for its quality, speed, and convenience.
d. Are HP 63 and 65 ink cartridges interchangeable?
No, HP 63 and 65 ink cartridges aren’t interchangeable. Printers that support HP 63 Black and Tri-color cartridges may be incompatible with HP 65 / 65XL black and tri-color cartridges. HP printers that use HP 63 / 63XL ink cartridges include the popular Deskjet 2652 and Deskjet 3752, and more.
Showing all 4 results
Black: 480, Color: 330
63, 63XL, F6U63AN, F6U64AN
Avg. Price Per Cartridge: $21.98 each
63, 63XL, F6U63AN, F6U64AN
Avg. Price Per Cartridge: $19.48 each
63, 63XL, F6U63AN
Avg. Price Per Cartridge: $24.95 each