Black: 600, Color: 400
240XL, 241XL, CL-241XL, PG-240XL
Avg. Price Per Cartridge: $47.90 each
Avg. Price Per Cartridge: $41.90 each
Avg. Price Per Cartridge: $28.90 each
How do I change the ink in my Canon MX479 Printer?
- Be sure the power ON. Open front cover, then the paper output tray.
- The headcover will open automatically once the cartridge holder moves towards the replacement position.
- Get rid of the empty cartridge. Push the ink cartridge lockdown until it clicks.
- Take the new cartridge and gently remove its protective tape.
- Install the new cartridge into the cartridge holder until it comes into contact with the back. The black cartridge must be installed in the right slot while the color cartridge must be installed on the left slot. Make sure the cartridge locks into place.
- Close the tray cover.
Recommended Cartridges for Canon MX479 Ink:
240XL, 241XL, CL-241XL, PG-240XL
Frequently Asked Questions for Canon MX479 Ink Refill
a. What ink does Canon MX479 use?
The Canon MX 479 printer uses 240XL, 241XL, CL-241XL, PG-240XL ink cartridges. These ink cartridges are generally a more practical option if you’re regularly printing because they cost much less than the original brand while still maintaining the same top-quality prints.
b. How do I connect my Canon MC479 to my computer?
Before connecting your Canon MX479 to your computer, make sure that your wireless router is available and properly set up. Ensure also that your computer is connected to the network.
- Install the Canon MX479 Setup Wizard software CD on your computer. Open the downloaded file on your computer to get started. Review the information on your computer screen then click Next.
- Select Wireless Connection as your Connection Method then click Next to confirm your connection is ON.
- Click Connect to the Network and then the button that says Other Setup.
- Click Wireless Setup using the USB cable and then click Next.
- The software will now be installed – it may take several minutes.
- Check the Setup the Network connection via USB box and click Next.
- Connect your USB cable from your printer to your computer. Your printer should be automatically detected.
- If only one router or access point is available, verify that your printer is connecting to the network and then click Yes. If multiple access points are available, select the Network of your choice.
- The Setup completion dialogue box will appear. Click Complete then click Next.
- Click Next to finish the Software Setup. A screen will appear instructing you to register your printer. Register your printer and click Next.
- If you want to test print, load paper into the printer, and click Execute.
- Once you see the Installation Complete screen, click Next to finish the installation.
c. How do I setup my Canon MX479 wireless printer?
Before connecting your Canon MX479 wirelessly, make sure that your wireless router is available and properly setup.
- Make sure the printer is ON. You’d know if it’s ON when the POWER button is lit.
- Tap the printer’s Setup button.
- Use the Right or Left button to choose Wireless LAN setup, then press the OK button.
- Let the printer search for suitable access points. Choose the method that matches the one on your printer’s display screen.
- Once the Push Button Method displays on the printer, but you are not sure if the router or access point supports the technology. Press Stop Button.