Black: 600, Color: 415
Avg. Price Per Cartridge: $33.88 each
62, 62XL, C2P07AN
Avg. Price Per Cartridge: $37.85 each
Avg. Price Per Cartridge: $31.58 each
How to Change HP Envy 7640 Ink Cartridges
- Open the Input Tray by pulling it out towards you using its handles and then slide in the Photo Tray. Move the paper width guides towards the sides until they stop.
- Insert a stack of plain white paper into the Paper Tray and slide the paper in towards the backend. Move the width guides inward until they slightly touch the paper edges. Close the Input Tray by pushing it in until it locks into place. Press the Power button to turn on your HP Envy 7640. Lift open the Cartridge Access Door using the small handles on both sides of the printer.
- Find the Empty Ink Cartridge and gently press it down to release it from its slot. Please take out The Empty Ink Cartridge from the printer by pulling it out from the slot.
- Unpack the New Ink Cartridge from its packaging. Kindly make sure to handle only the black plastic on the ink tank. Strip off the orange tab to discard the protective tape from the New Ink Cartridge. Avoid touching the Copper Contacts or Ink Nozzles to prevent ink problems and cartridge malfunctions.
- Load the New Ink Cartridge into the vacant slot at a slightly upward angle. Gently push the New Ink Cartridge up until it locks into place.
- Repeat the same steps to change the other Color Cartridge.
- Lower the Cartridge Access Door back to close and then tap OK on the printer control panel.
- The HP Envy 7640 will start calibrating and aligning the Ink Cartridges. After aligning the cartridges, the device will print an alignment page. Tap OK on the control panel, and the alignment is complete.
Recommended Cartridges for HP Envy 7640 Ink:
62, 62XL, C2P05AN, C2P07AN
Frequently Asked Questions for HP Envy 7640 Ink Refill
What ink does HP Envy 7640 use?
The HP Envy 7640 printer uses HP 62 ink cartridges available in Black and Tri-Color (Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow). The black HP 62 ink cartridge can print up to 200 pages while the tri-color ink cartridge can print 165. Both ink cartridges are also available in high yield XL cartridge options. High yield ink cartridges contain more ink and deliver better print output. The high yield black HP 61XL ink cartridge can print up to 600 pages. The high yield tri-color HP 61XL ink cartridge, meanwhile, can print up to 415 pages. These high yield cartridges also offer a lower cost of printing per page.
What is HP 7640 ink cartridge number?
You can quickly identify HP ink cartridges, including those for the HP Envy 7640 printer, through their ink cartridge numbers. The HP 7640 standard black HP 62 ink cartridge number is C2P04AN, while the standard tri-color ink cartridge is C2P06AN. Its high yield black HP 62XL ink cartridge number, meanwhile, is C2P05AN, and its high yield tri-color is C2P07AN.
Is the HP Envy 7640 an inkjet printer?
Yes, the HP ENVY 7640 is an Inkjet printer with an advanced all-in-one design functionality for photo printing. It can help you print cost-effective, true-to-life photos, artistic projects, and professional-quality documents with tremendous speed and efficiency.
YoyoInk offers high-quality and affordable remanufactured ink cartridges that are 100% compatible with the HP Envy 7640 printer. Each black and tri-color HP 7640 ink replacement delivers the same quality and performance as genuine HP 62 ink cartridges. Our compatible HP cartridges, however, are available for just a fraction of the OEM price!