How to Change your Epson XP-320 Ink Cartridges Refill
- Switch on your Epson Express XP-320 printer. The LCD screen will show which ink cartridges are exhausted. Remember which ink cartridges need replacement, then hit the OK button, then choose Replace now.
- Lift up your printer's scanner unit. Don't move the printhead with your hand, or you may damage the product. Don't touch the flat white cable within the printer's body.
- Press the tab over the cartridge to loosen its hold on the carriage, then lift it straight up and away from the carriage. Be careful when disposing of the cartridge; don't break the empty cartridge or refill it.
- Gently shake the new Epson XP-320 ink cartridge before opening the package. Don't do this procedure after opening the package as the ink may leak out.
- Remove the ink cartridge from the packet. Don't touch its green chip.
- Uncover the cartridge's yellow tape; don't peel off any seals or labels as the ink may spill.
- Embed the new ink cartridge into the holder; make sure the chip faces the carriage's backside, then push down until settles into position.
- Lower the machine's scanner unit and press the Start Button. The print head will go back to the default position and the machine will reset the ink.
Frequently Asked Questions for Epson XP-320 Ink Refill
a. What ink does the Epson XP 320 use?
Epson XP320 printer uses a 220 Ink. This ink type comes in Black and three Colors (Yellow, Magenta, and Cyan).
b. How can I make my Epson printer accept compatible cartridges?
Generally, when you put an aftermarket cartridge in your printer, it may return an error message but get confused since the low-ink message is still stored in its memory. That causes your ink cartridge replacement to be not recognized.
To clear this message, remove all ink cartridges and restart your printer. This clears the memory and presents a “no cartridge installed” error instead. You can then reinstall your cartridges, and your printer should recognize them.
c.Why does my Epson printer not print black?
If your Epson printer doesn’t print Black, it’s probably because you’ve run out of Black ink. Other factors include:
- The ink cartridges aren’t snapped into place or aren’t installed in the right slot.
- The tape over the vent of your newly installed cartridge wasn’t removed.
- Your cartridge’s vents are clogged.
To determine whether your Black ink is empty, you can do a check by following these steps:
- Turn your printer off by unplugging the power source and disconnecting the USB cables. After 10 – 20 seconds, reconnect your turn your printer on after reconnecting and plugging it back in.
- Run “Print Test Page” or “Quality Diagnostic Report” – the options should be found on the printer’s display screen.
- Check printer ink levels to see the ink volume of your cartridges.
- If your black ink cartridge is empty, replace the empty ink the Black ink Cartridge with a new one.
- Do a test print to ensure the ink cartridge is installed correctly and recognized. Reset your printer if the new ink cartridge isn’t recognized.
5 Ink Cartridges
Black: 500, Color: 450
220, 220XL, T220XL120, T220XL220, T220XL320, T220XL420
Avg. Price Per Cartridge: $5.18 each