|Printer Series||HP OfficeJet Pro|
|Consumables||1 x cartridge (black) - up to 1000 pages - HP 950|
1 x cartridge (cyan) - up to 700 pages - HP 951
1 x cartridge (magenta) - up to 700 pages - HP 951
1 x cartridge (yellow) - up to 700 pages - HP 951
|Mobile Capability||Apple AirPrint, HP ePrint|
|Interface||Wireless LAN, USB 2.0|
|Media Type||cards, envelopes, greeting cards, photo paper, plain paper, transparencies|
|Print Sizes||8.5" x 11.7"|
|Printing Speed||32 ppm Black / 32 ppm Color|
|Resolution||1200 x 600 dpi (mono) / 4800 x 1200 dpi (color)|
|Automatic Sheet Feeder||35 Sheets|
|Dimension (W x D x H)||19.4 (W) x 16.3 (D) x 11.8 (H)|
What kind of ink does HP 8600 use?
The HP 8600 uses the company’s branded HP 950 black cartridges and HP 951 color cartridges. You can upgrade to an HP 950XL or HP951XL cartridge, which provides more prints.
How do I change the black ink cartridge on my HP OfficeJet Pro 8600?
Changing a cartridge is easy:
- Switch on the HP 8600
- Pull open the side cartridge door
- Wait for the cartridges to stop moving
- Push on the front of the cartridge you want to replace to release it
- Pull it out of its slot gently, being careful not to damage the printer
- Replace it with the new cartridge, pushing it until it clicks into place. The colored label on the cartridge needs to match the label on the slot
- Close the cartridge door
- Wait for the printer to complete its preparation cycle
How much ink is in an HP ink cartridge?
A standard HP 950 cartridge will yield 1,000 printed pages of text, while a 950XL offers 2,300.
Is the HP Officejet Pro 8600 laser or inkjet?
Although the HP Officejet Pro 8600 is targeted at business consumers, it’s still classified as an inkjet printer. Here, ink cartridges contain a large amount of solvent, which the ink jet head deposits on the paper. It is a different system from laserjet printers, where a laser creates static electricity on the page to attract a powdered toner.
How do I download HP Officejet Pro 8600?
- Connect your computer to the internet
- Go to HP’s website and make your way to its Software and Driver Downloads page
- Search for the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 and click on its Download icon
- Keep your computer and your internet access on until the download completes
How do I set up Scan to computer HP OfficeJet Pro 8600?
- Click and launch HP Scan from your computer
- Place the original on the printer’s scanning surface or document feeder
- Click Print, Scan & Fax, and select Scan a Document or Photo
- Select the type of scan and click Scan
To scan to a USB drive, click here. (“click here” will be linked to content below)
Scan to a USB Drive (Linked Content)
- Place your document or photo on scanning document or in the document feeder
- Insert your USB drive to the HP 8600’s USB port
- Tap Scan and then choose Memory Device from its Control Panel using its arrow buttons for navigation
- Choose the type of scan settings you want
- Tap Start Scan once you are ready
How do I connect my HP OfficeJet Pro 8600?
- Tap the Wireless icon from the printer’s control panel and select Wireless Menu
- Tap Wireless Settings and select Wireless Setup Wizard
- Your OfficeJet Pro 8600 will start searching for compatible networks
- Once it detects your wireless network, follow the on-screen instructions to connect
Showing all 6 results
HP designed the Officejet Pro 8600 Ink as an office and heavy-duty home-based printer for those with high printing needs.