|Printer Series||Canon Pixma|
|Consumables||1 x ink tank (pigmented black) - up to 324 pages - Canon PGI-520BK |
1 x ink tank (black) - up to 3425 pages - Canon CLI-521BK
1 x ink tank (cyan) - up to 535 pages - Canon CLI-521C
1 x ink tank (magenta) - up to 510 pages - Canon CLI-521M
1 x ink tank (yellow) - up to 206 pages - Canon CLI-521Y
|Mobile Capability||Apple AirPrint|
|Interface||Wireless LAN, USB 2.0|
|Media Type||envelopes, photo paper, plain paper|
|Print Sizes||8.5" x 14"|
|Printing Speed||9.4 ppm Black / 6.1 ppm Color|
|Resolution||600 x 600 dpi (mono) / 9600 x 2400 dpi (color)|
|Automatic Sheet Feeder||35 Sheets|
|Dimension (W x D x H)||19.4 (W) x 17.1 (D) x 8.9 (H)|
How do I scan from my Canon MX870?
- Download and install the MP Navigator EX and launch the software in your computer
- From the MP Navigator EX, select Photos/Documents
- Place the original on the scan glass print side facing down
- Configure preferences and click Scan when ready
- The MX870 will start scanning the original
How do I change the ink in my Canon mx870?
Replace your Canon MX870 printer's ink cartridges with these steps:
- Push the power button of your MX870 to turn it on.
- Gently open its cover to access the ink cartridges
- Push and pull upwards to remove the cartridge
- Load the replacement cartridge
- Close the cover
How do I connect my Canon mx870 to WIFI?
- Access the Menu button from the printer's control panel
- Select the WLAN Setup and then press OK.
- Once your MX870 detects your wireless router, long-press the WPS button, then press OK.
- Press OK when it says "Connected to the access point."
Click here for other connection methods (Linked to Content Below)
Connecting to Wi-Fi without WPS (Linked Content)
Your router may not have a WPS Push Button function. In this case, there are some alternatives you can use to connect your MX870 to a WiFi network. They include:
- Standard Setup (Directly Enter the Network Password on the Printer)
- WPS PIN Code (Refer to the Router's Documentation for Instructions on Entering a PIN Code)
Windows Desktop Computer
- Via USB cable and the Downloadable Driver
Mac Operating System
- Via a USB Cable, CUPS Printer Driver, and IJ Network Tool
How do I reset my Canon MX870?
Many times, a simple power reset is all it takes to revive your printer back to normal functioning. Follow the steps below to complete a power reset on your Canon MX870 printer.
- Kindly turn off your MX870 printer and unplug its power chord from the power supply. Detach its Ethernet cord as well to disconnect it from any network completely.
- Wait for about 60 seconds or so and then re-plug the power and Ethernet chord back to their original connection.
- Perform a trial print to see if the problem is gone
Hard Reset your Canon MX870
For an ordinary reset, turn off your printer and detach its power and Ethernet cord. Wait for about 60 seconds before plugging them back. To reset to factory default settings, long-press the Stop button until the alarm activates. Release the button after the alarm blinks 19 times.
Is Canon mx870 AirPrint compatible?
Yes, your Canon MX870 Printer is Airprint Compatible. The same goes for numerous other models in the Canon Pixma Series, as well. Just make sure to connect your iPhone or other iOS devices with the same Wi-Fi network as your MX870 printer.
Showing all 7 results
Tired of spending a significant amount of your supply budget on costly name brand ink? YoYoInk is here to offer you a variety of low-cost alternatives, specifically designed for your Canon Pixma MX 870. Our remanufactured cartridges for the Canon Pixma MX 870 are original Canon ink cartridges that have gone through only one cycle of service, later on rebuilt with mostly new parts. Each cartridge is rigorously tested to ensure professional quality print and page yields comparable to the original Canon Ink cartridges.