|Printer Series||Canon Pixma|
|Consumables||1 x cartridge (pigmented black) |
1 x cartridge (color)
|Mobile Capability||Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Mopria Print Service|
|Interface||Wireless LAN, USB 2.0|
|Media Type||envelopes, glossy photo paper, high resolution paper, matte photo paper, plain paper, semi-gloss photo paper|
|Print Sizes||8.5" x 14"|
|Printing Speed||8.8 ppm Black / 4.4 ppm Color|
|Resolution||600 x 600 dpi (mono) / 4800 x 1200 dpi (color)|
|Automatic Sheet Feeder||20 Sheets|
|Dimension (W x D x H)||17.2 (W) x 11.7 (D) x 7.5 (H)|
What ink does Canon MX490 use?
The Canon Pixma MX490 uses Canon PG-245/245XL and CL-246/246XL cartridges. Being able to take both standard size and XL cartridges means that you can get more from them, keep printing for longer and print high-demand documents, photos and more that require a lot of ink. You can print more pages using the high-yield cartridges such as the CL-246XL. The black cartridges use pigment ink, while the color cartridges use dye-based ink.
Does the Canon Pixma MX490 come with ink?
When you buy a printer, it's always useful when it comes with ink. Like many printers, you can buy the Canon Pixma MX490 with ink included so that you are ready to go when it arrives. However, if you're buying a new printer, be sure to always check if it comes with ink.
How do I set up my MX490 Printer?
- Press the Setup button from the control panel and select Wireless LAN Setup
- Wait for your MX490 to search for compatible wireless networks
- Once the printer detects your wireless network, press OK to connect
- Complete the process from your mobile device or computer
How do I use my MX490 Printer?
- Turn on your MX490 and computer
- Download and install the printer’s driver to your computer
- Connect your printer to the computer via Wi-Fi or USB cable
- You can now use your MX490 to print or scan documents and photos from your computer
Where does the paper go in a canon mx490 printer?
Similar to other models in the Canon MX Series, the paper goes inside the paper tray of the MX490. Lift the printer cover to access the paper tray. Before printing, make sure to properly align your paper stack and straighten any curl and crumple to avoid paper jams.
How do I Reset my Canon MX490 printer?
Access the printer’s Menu panel and go to Device Settings. Select Reset Setting then tap OK and your MX490 will start resetting to factory default settings. If you want to reset printer ink and cartridge, follow these instructions (“follow these instructions” will be linked to a separate content below).
Resetting Printer Ink (Link destination)
- Shut down your MX490 Printer
- Press down the Power button and the Stop button together at the same time.
- Let go of the Stop button while still maintaining your hold on the Power button before pressing the Stop button twice again
- After about half a minute, the Printer's display will show "O."
- Push the Stop button four times back before pressing the Power button twice
- Press and hold the Power button one last time to shut down the MX490 and finish the reset
Resetting Cartridge (Link Destination)
- Unplug the power and USB chords of your MX490
- Open the cartridge door while pressing the Power button
- Plug back the power chords while still pushing the Power button
- Close the door back and release the Power button
Showing all 4 results
The Canon Pixma MX490 is an all-in-one inkjet printer, offering everything that you require from a printer. This printer allows you to print wirelessly and to print in black and white, as well as to scan, copy and fax. If you’re looking for printer ink cartridges for your Canon Pixma MX490, we can offer you a range of cartridges to help you keep your printer going for longer. We sell quality ink cartridges that are compatible with your Canon Pixma MX490 so that you can save on the costs of replacing the ink in your printer. Our quality cartridges will produce a great print from your printer, whether you need it for business or for personal reasons.