|Printer Series||Canon Pixma|
|Consumables||"1 x cartridge (pigmented black)|
1 x cartridge (color)"
|Mobile Capability||Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print|
|Interface||Wireless LAN, USB 2.0|
|Media Type||envelopes, photo paper, plain paper|
|Print Sizes||8.5" x 14"|
|Printing Speed||9.7 ppm Black / 5.5 ppm Color|
|Resolution||600 x 600 dpi (mono) / 4800 x 1200 dpi (color)|
|Automatic Sheet Feeder||30 Sheets|
|Dimension (W x D x H)||18.1 (W) x 15.2 (D) x 7.9 (H)|
What ink does a Canon MX472 use?
The Canon MX472 is an inkjet printer that is compatible with a number of cartridges. As well as standard PG-240 black and CL-241 color cartridges, it accepts XL and XXL cartridges so that you can keep printing and copying for longer.
How do I change the ink in my Canon MX472?
Has the ink in your Canon MX472 run out? It's easy to change the ink when this happens, by taking out the old cartridges and putting in the new ones. You just need to have spares on hand, and you can quickly and easily put them in.
Does Canon MX472 come with ink?
The Canon MX472 comes with ink, so you can get set up straight away when you buy your new printer. However, printer ink only lasts so long, so it's always smart to have some spare cartridges available. Be sure to buy some to have on hand.
How do I connect my mx472 to my computer?
Once your Canon Pixma MX472 connects to your computer, you can now start making detailed print settings and automatic downloads. Follow these steps to connect the printing device to your computer:
- Kindly make sure that your MX472 printer and computer are both turned on. They must also be connecting to the same wireless router.
- Go to your computer's network settings and select Enable Printer Sharing and then choose a private network.
- Your computer will now automatically install the printer's driver and download the Canon Inkjet Print Utility. Wait for the process to complete.
Register your MX472 with the Canon Inkjet Print Utility. Launch Canon Inkjet Print Utility, and then choose your MX472 in the Select Model screen.
Connect your Printer via USB Cable
If you use a computer that has a USB port, you can also connect your Canon Pixma MX472 via a USB cable. Follow these steps to perform the process:
- Connect your computer to your MX472 using a USB cable.
- The computer will automatically detect the printer's driver and download the Canon Inkjet Print Utility.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Your printer can now connect to your computer and is ready to print.
How do I connect my mx472 to WIFI?
The simplest way to connect your Pixma MX472 printer to a wireless network is through the use of a WPS. There are routers equipped with WPS or Wi-Fi Protected Setup that lets devices link to your wireless network without entering a password. To connect your printer to a Wi-Fi network using WPS, follow these steps.
- Turn on your Canon Pixma MX472 printer
- Long-press the Wi-Fi button on top of the Pixma MG472 printer. If the orange alarm lamp lights up, you can now take your finger off.
- Wait for the Wi-Fi button to start blinking blue for a couple of minutes. Afterward, head to your internet router and long-press the WPS button. We recommend referring to your router's manual for more precise information about pressing the WPS button.
- The Wi-Fi button will keep on blinking blue as it searches for or connects to the router. Throughout this process, the green power lamp will also begin flashing. Once your MX472 printer succeeds in connecting to your Wi-Fi, both blue and green lights will stop blinking and remain lit.
- Your Canon Pixma MX472 printer can now connect to your Wi-Fi and start printing.
How do I reset my Canon Pixma mx472 printer?
Many times, a simple power reset is all it takes to revive your printer back to normal functioning. Follow the steps below to complete a power reset on your Canon MX472 printer.
- Kindly turn off your MX472 printer and unplug its power chord from the power supply. Detach its Ethernet chord as well to disconnect it from any network completely.
- Wait for about 60 seconds or so and then re-plug the power and Ethernet chord back to their original connection.
- Perform a trial print to see if the problem is gone
Hard Reset your Canon MX472
Are you continuously bothered by a lingering printing error? A hard reset may be the solution. This type of reset restores your printer to default factory settings. Here are the steps in making a hard reset on your Canon Pixma MX472.
- Long-press the Stop button until the alarm activates.
- Release the button only after the alarm blinks 19 times.
- Your MX472 printer is now back to its default factory settings.
Showing all 4 results
The wireless Canon MX472 is a handy option for anyone who needs a versatile printer. In addition to printing, it also copies, faxes and scans to help you do all of your office tasks. Its wireless function means you can print from phones and tablets, using wireless printing from Google and Apple.