Black: 400, Color: 349
210XL, 211XL, CL-211XL, PG-210XL
Avg. Price Per Cartridge: $24.68 each
Avg. Price Per Cartridge: $21.81 each
Avg. Price Per Cartridge: $21.75 each
How to Change your Canon Pixma MP490 Ink Cartridges
- Please turn on your Canon Pixma MP490 and then open its Paper Output Tray.
- Raise the Scanning Unit or Cover and keep it open using the Scanning Unit Support.
- The Cartridge Holder will move towards the proper cartridge replacement position.
- Squeeze the Cartridge Tabs and lift the Ink Cartridge Locking Cover to release the Empty Ink Cartridge from its slot.
- Pull out the Empty Ink Cartridge from the slot.
- Kindly take out a New Ink Cartridge from its packaging and then strip off the Orange protective taping carefully.
- Insert the New Ink Cartridge directly into the empty slot.
- Lower the Ink Cartridge Locking Cover until it clicks to secure the New Ink Cartridge properly into place.
- Repeat the same steps to change the other Color Cartridge. Don’t forget to put the Black Ink Cartridge on the right slot and the Tri-Color Ink Cartridge on the left.
- Raise the Scanning Unit or Cover just a bit, so the Scanning Unit Support returns to its original placement.
- Lower the Scanning Unit or Cover back to close.
Recommended Cartridges for Canon Pixma MP490 Ink:
Frequently Ask Questions for Canon MP490 Ink Refill
a. What ink does Canon MP490 use?
The Canon MP490 uses black PG-210 and tri-color CL-211 ink cartridges that are available in standard and high yield sizes. The standard black PG-210 can print up to 220 pages while the standard tri-color CL-211 can print up to 244. The High yield PG-210XL, meanwhile, can print up to 400 while the CL-211XL can print up to 349. High yield Canon PG-210XL and CL-211XL ink cartridges also have a lower cost per page (CPP) than standard yield options.
b. How do you take the ink out of a Canon MP490 printer?
Start by turning on your Canon MP490 and then opening the Paper Output Tray, followed by the Scanning Unit (Cover). The Cartridge Holder will start moving towards the proper cartridge replacement position.
Find the Ink Cartridge you want to remove. Release the cartridge from the holder by pinching its tab and opening the Locking Cover. Once it’s released, pull the ink tank out from its slot to remove it from the holder.
c. How do I reset my Canon Pixma MP490 ink?
- Turn off your Canon Pixma MP490
- Long-press the Stop / Reset button and Power button
- Release the Stop / Reset button but maintain your hold on the Power button
- Push the Stop / Reset button twice then simultaneously release your press on the Power and Stop / Reset buttons.
- Your Canon MP490 ink cartridges will reset