|Printer Series||Canon Pixma|
|Consumables||1 x ink tank (pigmented black) - Canon PGI-225
1 x ink tank (yellow/cyan/magenta/black) - Canon CLI-226
|Mobile Capability||Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, wireless direct printing|
|Interface||Wireless LAN, USB 2.0|
|Media Type||envelopes, photo paper, plain paper|
|Print Sizes||8.5" x 11.7"|
|Printing Speed||11 ppm Black / 9.3 ppm Color|
|Resolution||600 x 600 dpi (mono) / 9600 x 2400 dpi (color)|
|Automatic Sheet Feeder||150 Sheets|
|Dimension (W x D x H)||17.9 (W) x 14.5 (D) x 6.3 (H)|
How to Change your Canon PIXMA MG5220 Ink Cartridges Refill
- Turn your Canon MG5220 printer on by pressing the Power button.
- Retract the machine’s paper tray and extension, then open the printer’s top cover – this causes the ink cartridge holder to move to the machine's center so wait until it becomes idle before you proceed.
- Pull out the old cartridge by pressing it with your thumb and lifting it with your index fingers clasped at the sides.
- Get the new Canon MG5220 Ink Cartridge from its packaging and pull the plastic tab to expose the nozzles.
- Insert the cartridge into its respective slot – make sure the nozzles go first, then push the device firmly until it locks into place.
- Close the machine’s front cover to complete the installation.
How do I scan with Canon mg5220?
- Turn on your Canon MG5220 and tap Scan. Be sure that your computer is also turned on and installed with the necessary printer drivers.
- Set the designated computer that will save all the scanned photos and documents. Select the PC option using the Printer's arrow buttons then press OK.
- Choose the ideal document type with Left and Right arrow keys. You can opt for an Auto scan should the files be saved on a USB-linked PC. This mode will detect the kind of original document or image to scan on its own. It will then make the necessary tweaks on the scan settings for the optimum dimensions, dpi, and file format. In case you're not satisfied with its work, manually choose Document or Photo instead.
- To modify scan settings, tap the right Function button, and use arrow buttons to choose the setting options. Press OK to finalize the changes.
- Put the original document or image on the Printer's scanning surface. You can also place them on the automatic document feeder (ADF), especially if you're planning to scan multiple pages.
- Press the Color button if you want colored texts and images, or the Black button for black and white graphics.
- Your Canon MG5220 will begin scanning. It will then save all the scanned files on the designated computer.
Is Canon mg5220 AirPrint compatible?
Yes, your Canon MG5220 is AirPrint compatible. The same goes for numerous other models in the Canon Pixma Series, as well. Just make sure to connect your iPhone or other iOS devices with the same WiFi network as your MG5220 Printer so you can use AirPrint.
How do I connect my Canon mg5220 printer to WIFI?
Your Canon Pixma MG5220 can connect to a wireless network using the WiFi Protected Setup or WPS. Follow the steps below:
- Check and see if your MG5220 is turned on.
- Access the Menu button located in the MG5220'S control panel
- Choose WLAN setup using its arrow keys (Left, Right, Up, and Down) and then press OK.
- Your device will start searching for potential access points or wireless routers. Once it detects your wireless router, long-press the WPS button, then press OK. You can check your router's manual guide for more precise info regarding its WPS function.
- Press OK once it says "Connected to the access point." In case a timeout error arises, press OK, then restart from Step # 4.
- Your MG5220 is now successfully linked to your wireless internet network.
Your router may not have a WPS Push Button function. In this case, there are some alternatives you can use to connect your MX922 to a WiFi network. They include:
- Standard Setup (Directly Enter the Network Password on the Printer)
- WPS PIN Code (Refer to the Router's Documentation for Instructions on Entering a PIN Code)
Windows Desktop Computer
- Via USB cable and the Downloadable Driver
- Mac Operating System
- Via a USB Cable, CUPS Printer Driver, and IJ Network Tool