720, 750, TN720, TN750
Avg. Price Per Cartridge: $60.86 each
Avg. Price Per Cartridge: $42.45 each
How to Change your Brother HL 5440D Toner Ink Cartridges Refill
- Make sure that your printer is switched on by pressing the Power Button. Let the machine cool down for at least 10 minutes before you proceed.
- Open the printer’s top cover by lifting it until it maintains the open position.
- Take out the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly by pushing down the green lock lever.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge by tearing off its plastic wrap. Grasp the cartridge level using both hands and shake it gently sideways multiple times to distribute the toner evenly within the cartridge.
- Adhere the new Brother 5440D Toner Cartridge securely into the drum until it clicks into position. You’d know that you’re placed it properly if the drum units green lock lever lifts automatically.
- Clean the corona wire within the drum unit by thoroughly sliding the green tab sideward multiple times. Make sure to put the tab back to home position to avoid having vertical stipes on your printer pages.
- Return the toner cartridge assembly and drum unit back to their original positions in the printer then close the front cover.