How Your HP Deskjet 2622 Printer Recognizes Ink Cartridges
How Do I Get My Printer to Recognize Ink Cartridges?
This is a common question asked by users after replacing or installing new ink cartridges on their printers. Your HP Deskjet 2622 All-in-One printer usually fails to recognize your new ink cartridges when you are using third-party consumables such as compatible and remanufactured ink cartridges.
The HP Deskjet 2622 manual already provides instruction guides on how to get started with your printer along with troubleshooting techniques to fix various printer problems. However, the manual contains other unnecessary information that makes finding a specific solution to your problem difficult.
Thus, the aim of this guide is to provide you with direct solutions to easily solve your problem.Here, we will give you four solutions that will help you get your printer to recognize your new ink cartridges.
Unrecognizable HP Ink Cartridge Error Types
When your HP printer is not able to recognize your new ink cartridges, you will see one of these errors and messages:
- Printer Cannot Print
- No cartridge installed
- Cartridges are not detected
- Cartridges in the Wrong Slot
- Print cartridge(s) missing or not detected
- Cartridge Protection enabled
- HP Cartridge Locked
- Cartridge Issue
- Ink Cartridge Failure
- Cartridge Problem
- Cartridge Missing
- Cartridge error
- Depleted Ink Cartridge
Your printer shows flashing warning lights.
Error messages for low or empty ink cartridges on your computer screen and printer.
4 Reasons Why Your HP Deskjet 2622 Printer Doesn’t Recognize Your Ink Cartridges
Before we proceed to the methods to fix an HP Deskjet 2622 printer not recognizing ink cartridges, below are the possible reasons that may be causing the problem:
#1 Your Printer’s Internal Memory Is Full
There are times that your HP printer fails to detect full cartridges as well as ink levels when its internal memory is full. When this happens, it will think that you still have an old cartridge in your printer even if you have already changed it.
#2 Improper Installation of the Ink Cartridges
If you were not able to insert the ink cartridges perfectly into their respective slots, your HP printer will have a hard time detecting the cartridges. Thus, you will receive an error message saying that the ink cartridge cannot be detected. Ensure that each ink cartridge clicks perfectly into its assigned slot when you are inserting them into your printer.
#3 You Did Not Remove the Protective Tapes or Strips of the Ink Cartridges
New ink cartridges come with protective tapes. If you forgot to remove them before inserting them into your printer, the new ink cartridges will not register and cause problems. If this is the case, remove the cartridges again and make sure that each cartridge doesn’t have protective tape before reinserting them.
#4 Dirty Or Damaged Ink Cartridge Metal Contacts
New ink cartridges are equipped with multiple metal contacts that correspond to your printer’s metal contacts. Once the metal contacts in your ink cartridges connect with your printer’s metal contacts, your printer will be able to send commands to the ink cartridges when you want to print a document.
Dirty or damaged metal contacts will cause a failed communication between your printer and the cartridges. Thus, your printer cannot receive instructions from your new cartridges.
4 Solutions to Get Your HP Deskjet 2622 Printer to Recognize Your New Ink Cartridges
Now, let us proceed to the methods on how you can make your HP ink cartridges work on your printer. But first, identify the problem cartridge by doing the following:
Initial Step: Identifying the Problem Cartridge
You can identify the problem cartridge by checking your printer’s Ink Alert light along with the Ink Level icon corresponding to it. Once you get an ink cartridge error message from your printer notifying you that one or more cartridges are problematic, do the steps below:
- Uninstall the black ink cartridge and close the access door for the cartridge.
- If you see the tri-color cartridge Ink Level icon blinking, then the tri-color is the problem cartridge. If it does not blink, the cartridge is fine.
- Reinstall the black ink cartridge to your printer and then remove the tri-color ink cartridge next. Make sure you close the access door.
- Again, if you see the black cartridge Ink Level icon blinking, this cartridge is malfunctioning. Otherwise, it is working fine.
If only one cartridge is problematic, you can uninstall it and then use your printer’s Single Cartridge Mode to continue printing using one cartridge only. Also, make sure that you install the ink cartridges properly before trying again and see if your printer is now able to detect the problem cartridge. If not, proceed to the solutions below.
Solution #1. Reset Your Printer’s Internal Memory
When your printer’s internal memory is full, you need to reset it to free some space and delete old data so that it can detect new cartridges properly. Resetting your printer is also the best solution that works for most printer failures aside from ink cartridge problems. To reset your printer, follow the steps below:
- While your printer is powered on, disconnect its power cable from its back.
- Unplug the cable from your power source.
- After 60 seconds, replug the power cable directly into an outlet (this is HIGHLY recommended by HP) before reconnecting it to your printer.
- Turn on your printer and see if this was able to solve your problem.
Solution #2. Clean the Ink Cartridge Metal Contacts
A few things to note before cleaning the metal contacts of your ink cartridges:
- The procedure should only take a couple of minutes. You MUST reinstall the cartridges into your printer as soon as possible.
- Do NOT leave the ink cartridges outside of your printer for more than 30 minutes. Leaving the ink cartridges unprotected outside your printer will cause their nozzles to dry out which leads to clogging.
To clean the metal contacts of your ink cartridges, do the following:
- Make sure your printer is turned on before opening the cartridge access door.
- Wait until the carriage moves to the printer’s center.
- Remove the problematic ink cartridge.
- Clean the ink cartridge metal contacts:
- Make sure you are holding only the sides of the cartridge with its bottom part pointing up.
- Locate the metal contacts (these are small gold dots).
- Wipe the metal contacts ONLY using a lint-free cloth or a dry cotton swab. Do NOT smudge any ink or debris on any part of the ink cartridge.
- Once you are done cleaning the cartridge, put it down and locate the metal contacts inside your printer next. These are also gold-colored bumps that meet the metal contacts of the cartridge.
- Wipe your printer’s metal contacts.
- Reinsert the cartridge into your printer.
- Close the access door for the cartridge.
- See if this gets rid of the error. If it is still there, try turning off your printer and on again.
Solution #3. Disable Cartridge Protection
When you update your printer’s firmware, your computer might have installed a cartridge protection feature along with the update. This usually happens in HP printers which causes your cartridges to not work properly with your printer. To solve this problem, turn the cartridge protection feature off. You will find this option in your printer’s settings.
Solution #4. Replace the Ink Cartridges
If the first three solutions did not work for you, your last option would be to use different ink cartridges. However, make sure that you buy from a reliable supplier like Yoyoink, especially if you are using compatible and remanufactured HP Deskjet 2622 ink cartridges.
We have strict quality control measures to ensure that all of our ink cartridges will work perfectly with your printers. Aside from our competitive prices, we can guarantee your satisfaction by offering a 100% money-back guarantee and a 2-year product warranty.
Below are the steps to properly replace ink cartridges on your HP printer:
- Make sure your printer is turned on.
- Once you have opened the cartridge access door, wait until the carriage moves to your printer’s center portion.
- Press down the cartridge to release it and pull it out of its slot.
- Remove the new cartridge from its packaging and make sure to remove its protective tape. Do NOT touch the ink cartridge’s metal contacts when doing this.
- Insert the new cartridge into its corresponding slot at an upward angle.
- Push it up until you hear a clicking sound.
- Close the cartridge access door.
One Final Reminder to Avoid Ink Cartridge Problems
NEVER open or remove the protective tape of your cartridges if you are not going to install them immediately. The protective tape prevents the ink from evaporating. If the cartridge is unprotected, the ink will dry out which will cause the cartridge to clog up.
Wrapping It Up
To summarize the solutions we have discussed here on how to get your HP Deskjet 2622 printer to detect your replacement cartridges, below are key things you need to remember:
- Always use high-quality replacement cartridges, especially if you are using third-party ink cartridges.
- Make sure that you remove the protective tapes of the ink cartridges and install them properly.
- Make sure that the metal contacts of the ink cartridges are clean and not damaged.
For more HP printer ink cartridge troubleshooting guides, you can check out these blogs: