How Do I Get My Printer to Print Without Black Ink?
Is your printer out of black ink? Don’t worry because you can continue even if your black cartridge is empty. And whether you’re using an HP, Canon, or Epson printer, there’s a way to override printer restrictions and get back to finishing your print job.
How do I get my Epson printer to print without Black Ink?
Sometimes, your Epson printer runs out of black ink during an important project. What’s worse is that you don’t have a spare black Epson ink cartridge or the extra time to purchase one. In this challenging moment, follow these steps to get your Epson printer to print without black ink.
- Go to the Control Panel and select Printers and Devices
- Find and right-click your printer from the list of devices
- Click on properties
- Go to Ink set and select Color
- Go to the Color Setting option and click Apply
- Stop any current printing process or print queue
- Launch the Epson Printer Utility and run the dialogue box
- Go to Driver Settings and then select “Permit temporary black printing” option
- Click on Print Settings
- Select Plain Paper as the media typesetting option
- Select Grayscale
- Click OK
How do I get my HP printer to print without Black Ink?
HP ink cartridges need to be replaced properly to ensure high-quality prints. It’s also important to have a fresh batch of ink cartridge if you’re working on an important project. But in case you suddenly run out of black, you can continue printing with your HP printer. Here’s how to get your HP printer to print without black ink.
- Cancel any queued printing
- From the Control Panel, select Printers and Devices and then Printers
- Go to Quality Option and then check the box on Grayscale
- Click on OK to set printing to Black & White.
- Click on Apply
- Launch your software application
- Click on Print
- Find and select your printer from the list of available printers
- Go to the Paper Type/Quality menu.
- Click on the triangle beside Color Options
- Click the triangle next to Color Options
- On the Color menu, click on Grayscale or Black & White
- Select Black Print ink cartridge Only
- Click Print
How do I get my Canon printer to print without Black Ink?
When your Canon printer runs out of black ink, you have two options to choose from. The first is to replace the empty ink cartridge with a new one. The second is to configure the computer to print using the color cartridge and ignore the empty black cartridge. Here’s how you can get your Canon printer to print without black ink using the second option.
- Go to Control panel and then Devices and Printers
- Find and right-click on your printer and click on Printing Preferences
- Go to Quick Setup tab and then select Grayscale
- Select Plain Paper as your media type option
- Click Apply
- Right-click on your printer’s icon and click Properties
- Go to Printer Options from the left of the panel
- Click on Ink Type and then Color from the Printer Features section
- Click Apply
It’s best to store extra cartridges and keep an eye on your printer’s ink levels constantly. If you decide to purchase a new printer, try purchasing corresponding cartridges as well. And if you want to save more money without sacrificing print quality, you can shop for compatible and remanufactured ink cartridges right here at YoyoInk.